In pre-op, right before Jake's first surgery on 5/15/07
Keeley and me killing time in the waiting room
Grandpa Earl came to help support me for Jake's 2nd surgery. I was really shook up when the first one took longer and his spine was too solid to straighten.
Jake in his room - he got to hang out here for 12 fun-filled days!
This smile seems a little forced, what do you think?
Jake's brother Ray and nephew Adam also came out to show their support. Like a good brother, he is painting Jake's toenails (it helped that Jake couldn't see or move to stop him!)
Like a good wife I removed the nail polish so he wouldn't be too embarassed. But of course I had to take pictures first!!!
Getting up and around. Just the prep work it took to get out of bed was exhausting. And unfortunately, the brace that was made didn't fit right because they weren't able to correct the spine as much as they had hoped.
Staples and bruising
Keeley was such a trooper (most of the time). Every day, I would drop her at her new preschool for 9+ hours while I worked. I would pick her up, then we would drive 45 minutes to see Jake and stay for 10 minutes or an hour, whatever Jake could handle. Then it was 45 minutes back home and usually right to bed. It was very exhausting. And, we had just moved to PHX a week before Jake's surgery so the house was still in boxes. Good times! ***Props to my dad, who also came down to help me out. I didn't get any picture of him, but during the days I had off work, he was kind enough to hang out with Keeley at our apartment so she wouldn't have to go to preschool or be at the hospital all day. Thank you dad! I love you!!!***
0 comments:
Post a Comment