CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 11, 2008

My Little Scientist

Every week Keeley and I go to Lakeshore Learning for their free crafts and I always try to buy her something, even if its just a couple packs of construction paper (like candy to Keeley!). Yesterday, she really wanted to get a science project and she found a book with a little kit. She has hardly put it down and she kept reading through projects to do and wanted to do all of them.

The first project was celery and food coloring. I made the mistake of combining colors on one side and then doing just yellow on the other (and I am the adult???). So, the color didn't go up the celery like it was supposed to. Today we did a smaller stalk with red on one side and blue on the other side. It is doing much better. All night last night she kept begging me to help her with more but I was too tired.

First thing this morning she asked if she could do some more science projects. She never forgets! So, we did a cool project mixing oil and vinegar. Of course, even when shaken, the liquids don't mix. But add the secret ingredient, egg yolk, and they will mix together! So cool! Then she just wanted to play with the food coloring and liquids. She loves to wear her goggles!











0 comments: